Wednesday, December 17, 2008

TWELVE JEWELS AND THE HOLY CITY

If anyone were to ask me where I could find a reference to gems and jewels in the Bible I would automatically turn to Revelation. Near the very end of the Bible Revelation shows that a Holy City is coming down to earth and the beauty is undeniably glowing and sparkling beyond my wildest imagination.

From Revelation 21: 18-21 (NIV) "The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass. The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, the fifth sardonyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst. The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of pure gold, like transparent glass."

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I looked all these up one time because of my 'religious experience' a part of which was when the sun has your back after the storm and reflects off The Waters, you can see the Promise (the rainbow). I looked up each of those colors, and in order, they are the rainbow. But you can check it out on your own and see if you get the same thing but that was my conclusion though I have not read that anywhere else, maybe because no one has thought to think it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates.
    Gems and Jewels

    ReplyDelete